Re: Crash in partition-wise join involving dummy partitioned relation

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: Crash in partition-wise join involving dummy partitioned relation
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Feb 5, 2018 at 4:46 AM, Ashutosh Bapat
<ashutosh.bapat@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
> Here's patch taking that approach.

I rewrote the comment in relation.h like this, which I think is more clear:

 /*
  * Is given relation partitioned?
  *
- * A join between two partitioned relations with same partitioning scheme
- * without any matching partitions will not have any partition in it but will
- * have partition scheme set. So a relation is deemed to be partitioned if it
- * has a partitioning scheme, bounds and positive number of partitions.
+ * It's not enough to test whether rel->part_scheme is set, because it might
+ * be that the basic partitioning properties of the input relations matched
+ * but the partition bounds did not.
+ *
+ * We treat dummy relations as unpartitioned.  We could alternatively
+ * treat them as partitioned, but it's not clear whether that's a useful thing
+ * to do.
  */

With that change, committed.

--