Re: Let's remove DSM_INPL_NONE.

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: Let's remove DSM_INPL_NONE.
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Feb 27, 2018 at 2:50 PM, Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de> wrote:
> What I'm concerned about isn't so much testing paths specific to
> dynamic_shared_memory_type=none, but paths where we currently need
> fallbacks for the case we couldn't actually allocate dynamic shared
> memory. Which I think we at least somewhat gracefully need to deal with.

Well, it's not very hard to just hack the code to make dsm_create()
always fail, or fail X% of the time, if you're so inclined.  I agree
that -c dynamic_shared_memory_type=none is a little more convenient
than sticking something like that into the code, but I don't think
it's sufficiently more convenient to justify keeping an option we
don't otherwise want.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company