Re: [HACKERS] [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Implement table partitioning.

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: [HACKERS] [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Implement table partitioning.
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Dec 9, 2016 at 5:55 PM, Keith Fiske <keith@omniti.com> wrote:
> Another suggestion I had was for handling when data is inserted that doesn't
> match any defined child tables. Right now it just errors out, but in
> pg_partman I'd had it send the data to the parent instead to avoid data
> loss. I know that's not possible here, but how about syntax to define a
> child table as a "default" to take data that would normally be rejected?
> Maybe something like
>
> CREATE TABLE measurement_default
>     PARTITION OF measurement (
>     unitsales DEFAULT 0
> ) FOR VALUES DEFAULT;

One thing that's tricky/annoying about this is that if you have a
DEFAULT partition and then add a partition, you have to scan the
DEFAULT partition for data that should be moved to the new partition.
That makes what would otherwise be a quick operation slow.  Still, I'm
sure there's a market for that feature.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company