Re: [HACKERS] Parallel tuplesort (for parallel B-Tree index creation)

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Parallel tuplesort (for parallel B-Tree index creation)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Feb 2, 2018 at 3:23 PM, Peter Geoghegan <pg@bowt.ie> wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 2, 2018 at 10:38 AM, Peter Geoghegan <pg@bowt.ie> wrote:
>> Thanks everyone
>
> I would like to acknowledge the assistance of Corey Huinker with early
> testing of the patch (this took place in 2016, and much of it was not
> on-list). Even though he wasn't credited in the commit message, he
> should appear in the V11 release notes reviewer list IMV. His
> contribution certainly merits it.

For the record, I typically construct the list of reviewers by reading
over the thread and adding all the people whose names I find there in
chronological order, excluding things that are clearly not review
(like "Bumped to next CF.") and opinions on narrow questions that
don't indicate that any code-reading or testing was done (like "+1 for
calling the GUC foo_bar_baz rather than quux_bletch".)  I saw that you
copied Corey on the original email, but I see no posts from him on the
thread, which is why he didn't get included in the commit message.
While I have no problem with him being included in the release notes,
I obviously can't know about activity that happens entirely off-list.
If you mentioned somewhere in the 200+ message on this topic that he
should be included, I missed that, too.  I think it's much harder to
give credit adequately when contributions are off-list; letting
everyone know what's going on is why we have a list.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Parallel tuplesort (for parallel B-Tree index creation)
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Parallel tuplesort (for parallel B-Tree index creation)