Re: [HACKERS] hash partitioning based on v10Beta2

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: [HACKERS] hash partitioning based on v10Beta2
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Aug 28, 2017 at 10:44 PM, yangjie <yangjie@highgo.com> wrote:
> When the number of partitions and the data are more, adding new partitions,
> there will be some efficiency problems.
> I don't know how the solution you're talking about is how to implement a
> hash partition?

I am having difficulty understanding this.  There was discussion on
the other thread of how splitting partitions could be done reasonably
efficiently with the proposed design; of course, it's never going to
be super-cheap.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company