Re: Pre-proposal: unicode normalized text

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: Pre-proposal: unicode normalized text
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Oct 4, 2023 at 1:27 PM Nico Williams <nico@cryptonector.com> wrote:
> A UTEXT type would be helpful for specifying that the text must be
> Unicode (in which transform?) even if the character data encoding for
> the database is not UTF-8.

That's actually pretty thorny ... because right now client_encoding
specifies the encoding to be used for all data sent to the client. So
would we convert the data from UTF8 to the selected client encoding?
Or what?

--
Robert Haas
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com

Сообщение: Re: Pre-proposal: unicode normalized text
Сообщение: Re: Pre-proposal: unicode normalized text