Re: Remove Deprecated Exclusive Backup Mode

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: Remove Deprecated Exclusive Backup Mode
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Feb 22, 2019 at 6:18 PM Stephen Frost <sfrost@snowman.net> wrote:
> What we need is a backup tool included in core that users feel
> comfortable using instead of trying to write their own.

I agree.  That's a great idea.  Let's talk about how to make that
happen.  Providing a tool that gives people MORE AND BETTER options
than what they have today is likely to make users more happy.
Removing an option that people are currently using, and which they
find better than other available options for reasons with which I
understand that you disagree, will make users more sad.  Happy is
better.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company