Re: Update minimum SSL version

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: Update minimum SSL version
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Dec 2, 2019 at 11:39 AM Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> That's an excellent point, but it looks like we're pretty good
> already.  I tried the patch with openssl 0.9.8x, and got this
> failure at server start:
>
> FATAL:  ssl_min_protocol_version setting TLSv1.2 not supported by this build

Oh, that's pretty good.

> Maybe it'd be worth extending that to show the max supported
> version, with some rats-nest of #ifdefs, but I'm not sure if
> it's worth the trouble.

Especially if we mess up the #ifdefs. :-)

I don't have super-strong feelings that we have to try to do that. It
would be worth doing if it were easy, I think, but if our hypothesis
that this will affect relatively few people is correct, it may not
matter very much.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company