Re: [sqlsmith] Failed assertion in BecomeLockGroupLeader

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: [sqlsmith] Failed assertion in BecomeLockGroupLeader
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Apr 29, 2016 at 9:45 AM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> It will
>> be helpful if you can find the offending query or plan corresponding to it?
>
> I presume the lack of debug_query_string data is because nothing is
> bothering to set debug_query_string in a worker process.  Should that be
> remedied?  At the very least set it to "worker process", but it might be
> worth copying over the full query from the parent side.

I agree.  I thought about doing that at one point, but I didn't quite
have the cycles and I wasn't sure how important it would be.  The fact
that we're already hitting cases like this before we've even gone to
beta suggests that it's pretty important.  I think it's worth the
extra cycles, even in non-cassert builds.  Compared to the overhead of
cajoling the postmaster to fork a new process, the cost of this should
be trivial.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company