Re: [HACKERS] A design for amcheck heapam verification

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: [HACKERS] A design for amcheck heapam verification
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Sep 28, 2017 at 11:34 PM, Thomas Munro
<thomas.munro@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
> FWIW I think if I were attacking that problem the first thing I'd
> probably try would be getting rid of that internal pointer
> filter->bitset in favour of a FLEXIBLE_ARRAY_MEMBER and then making
> the interface look something like this:
>
> extern size_t bloom_estimate(int64 total elems, int work_mem);
> extern void bloom_init(bloom_filter *filter, int64 total_elems, int work_mem);

Yes, that seems quite convenient and is by now an established coding pattern.

I am also wondering whether this patch should consider
81c5e46c490e2426db243eada186995da5bb0ba7 as a way of obtaining
multiple hash values.  I suppose that's probably inferior to what is
already being done on performance grounds, but I'll just throw out a
mention of it here all the same in case it was overlooked or the
relevance not spotted...

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company