Re: Support a wildcard in backtrace_functions

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: Support a wildcard in backtrace_functions
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

This patch is currently parked in the July CommitFest:

https://commitfest.postgresql.org/48/4735/

That's fine, except that I think that what the previous discussion
revealed is that we don't have consensus on how backtrace behavior
ought to be controlled: backtrace_on_internal_error was one proposal,
and this was a competing proposal, and neither one of them seemed to
be completely satisfactory. If we don't forge a consensus on what a
hypothetical patch ought to do, any particular actual patch is
probably doomed. So I would suggest that the effort ought to be
deciding what kind of design would be generally acceptable -- and that
need not wait for July, nor should it, if the goal is to get something
committed in July.

...Robert