Re: template1 vacuuming consuming much time compared to another production DBs

От pradeep singh
Тема Re: template1 vacuuming consuming much time compared to another production DBs
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
I am using this DB since last 3 or 4 years. And suddenly we can't update it.
We are planning it at the end of year. Recently we faced the template1 wraparound issue. So we added template1 also for vacuuming. We are vacuuming the DB each hour with 'vacuumdb --analyze -a' options.
Now the vacuuming of template1 consumes time. And the queries become slow. From the logs i find that during this we period there are lot of backend processes in startup state. so i think connection open is slow. They are waiting on WCHAN log_wait_.
So could you please recommend what may be the problem. FYI there is much load on OS this time.
And why vacuuming of template1 only consumes time not other DBs?