Re: json results parsing

От Charles Cui
Тема Re: json results parsing
Дата
Re: json results parsing  (Chapman Flack <chap@anastigmatix.net>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Thanks you guys for answering my questions, and sorry for confusion.
To clarify, I think my question is functions like json_each or json_object_keys() are
which means it returns a set of results into a Datum.
I am wondering how to parse the Datum? I know there are functions like DatumGetCString()
which parse the Datum into a cstring. Are there any helpers for set returning functions?

 Charles> Hi mentors and hackers,
 Charles>    Found the json API page here
 Charles> https://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.3/static/functions-json.html

 Charles> For some APIs, it returns set of results, for example,
 Charles> json_each(json) and json_object_keys().

 Charles> Basically, I want to call these json API inside a plugin,

If you want to process the whole of a json (not jsonb) value inside a
plugin, then maybe pg_parse_json is what you should be looking at rather
than the SQL-callable functions.

For jsonb, there's an iterator interface (JsonbIteratorInit/JsonbIteratorNext)

--
Andrew (irc:RhodiumToad)