Re: Index Corruption

От Dylan Adams
Тема Re: Index Corruption
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Mon, Sep 12, 2011 at 1:20 PM, Andy Colson <andy@squeakycode.net> wrote:
> On 9/12/2011 1:10 PM, Dylan Adams wrote:

>>> No.  It does sound like you're managing to tickle some bug or other.
>>> Can you extract a test case of any kind?  We could fix it if we could
>>> see it happening, but there's not enough information here for that.
>>
>> I haven't been able to come up with a self contained test case.
>>
>> There have been a few instances where a particular series of batch
>> processes which, when run repeatedly on a particular data set, will
>> reproduce the problem consistently. But it's not possible to release
>> the required code and data.
>>
>> dylan
>>

> How about some specifics about the process?  Maybe I can work up a
> look-a-like.

I sincerely appreciate your offer, but I don't think it will help.
I've tried to replicate what these are processes are doing as a
standalone program and haven't been able to replicate the problem.
Maybe there's something about the order or timing of the operations
that I'm not capturing.

I'll take another look at my test program and see if I can get it to
trigger the problem.

dylan