Re: PgBackRest question?

От chiru r
Тема Re: PgBackRest question?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Thank you for the details  David and Stephen..

I am unable to recover the database which associated with user table space .

Please see the below test case and suggest me,if any one has the  issues while recovering single database.

Test case:

1) created tablespace   tblsp1 .
2) created database  db1 with tablespace tblsp1;
3) created  another database db2 ( with out tablespace , it means it is going to be created under pg_default table space)
4) Taken full backup.
5) create  table t1 on both  db1 and db2 databases .
6) Taken Incremental backup
7)   a) We have tried  to restore the db1 on different location by mapping table-space and without table-space .
However we got the below Error
 pgbackrest --stanza=online_backups  --db-include=db1  --tablespace-map-all=/u02/pgdata02/report2  restore
ERROR [080]: : database to include 'db1' does not exist

b) We have tried  to restore the db1 on different location and we got the below Error

pgbackrest --stanza=online_backups  --delta --db-include=db1  restore
ERROR [080]: : database to include 'db1' does not exist

Please help me can we restore single database ,if it is assigned with tables space? .
And also let me know if anything missing in my test case ?

Note : if I restore the db2, whicich is associated with pg_default tablespace it is working.
pgbackrest --stanza=online_backups  --delta --db-include=db2  restore

Thanks,
Chiru

On Mon, Dec 18, 2017 at 9:20 AM, David Steele <david@pgmasters.net> wrote:
On 12/17/17 7:10 PM, chiru r wrote:
> Thanks David for the replay.
>
> we are not interested to use replication/Standby configuration at this
> moment with pgbackrest.

Database restores all work the same way -- the only difference is a few
configuration parameters.

> We are looking to restore the QA backups on Dev systems . Please help
> us if any blogs/documentations for remote databases recovery scenarios?.

I pointed you at the standby documentation because it describes a remote
database recovery scenario.  The only thing you need to do is exclude
standby_mode=on and you will have your dev system.

Regards,
--
-David
david@pgmasters.net