Re: Two Postgres master process are showing - one is on and off

От chiru r
Тема Re: Two Postgres master process are showing - one is on and off
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Thank you Adrian.

Is the on/off on a regular interval?
My guess is a script(cron possibly) is trying to start the server.

Yes, It is regular interval.
No Con-jobs scheduled on server or even remotely.

> We did not find any references in logs.

The information:

sudo /etc/init.d/postgresql11 start
Starting PostgreSQL: ok
aklaver@ranger:~> -2019-08-20 13:40:30.097 PDT-0FATAL:  lock file
"postmaster.pid" already exists
-2019-08-20 13:40:30.097 PDT-0HINT:  Is another postmaster (PID 1694)
running in data directory "/usr/local/pgsql11/data"?

Is sent to the starting process and does not make it to the server log
as the server is not started(the 'Starting PostgreSQL' notwithstanding).

I have verified startup.log and regular postgresql logs also, i did not found above messages.

Thanks,
Chiru