[GENERAL] Block size recommendation for Red Hat Linux 7.2

От chiru r
Тема [GENERAL] Block size recommendation for Red Hat Linux 7.2
Дата
Re: [GENERAL] Block size recommendation for Red Hat Linux 7.2
Список pgsql-general
Hello,

I am building new server to run PostgreSQL 9.5.4 version on it. Please provide the recommended Block size for Linux systems.

We are using PostgreSQL blocks size is 8k default one.

postgres=# show block_size ;
 block_size
 8192
(1 row)

Is there any recommendation for separate block sizes on OS level for  Pg_xlog, pg_log  and  Actual data files to improve the performance for reads/Writes?.

Thanks,
Chiru