Re: Corrupted Postgresql Microsoft Binaries

От Hillary Masha
Тема Re: Corrupted Postgresql Microsoft Binaries
Дата
Список pgsql-general
After further investigation, it was determined that the issue was with the length of the path of some subdirectories in the zip file for the new binaries. Windows has a max path length of 260 characters, hence the issue with unzipping.
Postgres V 14.3 had a max file path length of 226
image.png
Postgres V 14.5 has a max file path length of 321
image.png

My team uses powershell v5 in our code to unzip these files, we needed to enable 'Long Path' for the files to be successfully unzipped. This was added as an opt-in by Microsoft for Windows 10 (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/win32/fileio/maximum-file-path-limitation?tabs=powershell).
Note that the files were successfully unzipped in Powershell v7 without making any changes.

On Wed, Aug 24, 2022 at 5:36 PM Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@aklaver.com> wrote:
On 8/24/22 2:23 PM, Thomas Kellerer wrote:
> Hillary Masha schrieb am 23.08.2022 um 20:58:
>> I downloaded the microsoft postgresql binaries for versions 14.5,
>> 13.8, 12.12, 11.17, 10.22 from
>> https://www.enterprisedb.com/download-postgresql-binaries and found
>> that there was an error with opening the zip files. Does anyone else
>> use these files and found that they ran into the same issue? If so,
>> where else can I get the files?
>
> I have no problems unzipping them on Windows 10 using TotalCommander
> or the Info-ZIP "unzip" tool

I did some searching to see if there was a fix and the results where:

 From MS the usual:
a) It's your problem
b) Upgrade
c) Reboot.

 From others:

a) The builtin unzip program is buggy don't use.
b) Use just about any other program.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com