Re: CREATE COLLATION without LOCALE throws error in v15

От Justin Baur
Тема Re: CREATE COLLATION without LOCALE throws error in v15
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Hi All,

After sending in the report we did find an issue that was resolved by them that fixes it on their side (https://github.com/npgsql/efcore.pg/issues/2527). They haven't released a version with the fix yet but we can wait, A docs update would be totally fine with us.

Thanks for all your help.

Justin Baur

On Thu, Dec 8, 2022 at 2:59 PM Jeff Davis <pgsql@j-davis.com> wrote:
On Thu, 2022-12-08 at 19:29 +0100, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> The harm is that in the context of database-level collations, the
> analogous syntax means something different.

I see. I certainly agree that we shouldn't document the
lc_ctype=lc_collate hack for CREATE COLLATION for the ICU provider,
because we don't want to encourage it.

Kyle, perhaps after the docs are updated, you can reach out to the
npgsql project to see if they can fix it on their side?

--
Jeff Davis
PostgreSQL Contributor Team - AWS