Re: vacuumdb not letting me connect to db

От Atul Kumar
Тема Re: vacuumdb not letting me connect to db
Дата
Re: vacuumdb not letting me connect to db  (Ravi Krishna <rkrishna_pg@aol.com>)
Список pgsql-general
Hi,

The CPU and RAM are normal even on 300 jobs ( only 1-4% of consumption) but I don’t understand one thing here that if max_connections is set to 700 then why I am not able to connect the db.

As the running jobs (300) are lesser than half of max_connections.

Regards
Atul

On Thursday, February 4, 2021, Laurenz Albe <laurenz.albe@cybertec.at> wrote:
On Thu, 2021-02-04 at 16:56 +0530, Atul Kumar wrote:
> I have 160 GB of RAM, postgres 9.6 is running on the server.
>
> after upgrade I ran the below command:
>
> "/usr/edb/as9.6/bin/vacuumdb" -U 'enterprisedb' --verbose --all -j 300
> --analyze-only
>
> after running that  command I was not able to connect the database
> using psql for few minutes.

That is to be expected.

If you have 300 processes performing I/O and using CPU, your machine
will vertainly be overloaded.

Yours,
Laurenz Albe