postgres optimization

От Atul Kumar
Тема postgres optimization
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi,

I am new to postgres and I find optimization as a challenge in
postgres being a newbee.

As I am unable to understand explain plan and its components like
merge join, hash join, loop join etc.

I get totally confused about how to read it and how to understand what
thing is making my query slow.

I will be grateful if you can help me in understanding the basics and
slowly in depth optimization, by understanding explain plan.

I really need to have the easiest language to understand, the explain
plan and how to read long explain plans to optimize the query (with
examples).

Regards,
Atul