Re: purpose of an entry in pg_hba.conf file

От Atul Kumar
Тема Re: purpose of an entry in pg_hba.conf file
Дата
Список pgsql-general
as per response

"It allows anyone/anything on the local machine to connect to the database without authentication.  Whether that impacts any particular one/thing depends on your personal setup."

There is already one line to serve your stated purpose
local       all      all                                trust

That's why I specifically raised this question for below from postgresql experts
host    all             all             127.0.0.1/32            trust

So still I am not able to find a valid reason for keeping this entry. So please help me in explaining the same.

Regards,