Re: meson "experimental"?

От Dave Page
Тема Re: meson "experimental"?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On Tue, 4 Jun 2024 at 16:25, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
On Wed, May 29, 2024 at 2:41 AM Peter Eisentraut <peter@eisentraut.org> wrote:
> "Alternatively, PostgreSQL can be built using Meson.  This is the only
> option for building PostgreSQL in Windows using Visual Something[*].
> For other platforms, using Meson is currently experimental."

Is it, though? I feel like we're beyond the experimental stage now.

I clearly missed the discussion in which it was decided to remove the old MSVC++ support from the tree (and am disappointed about that as I would have objected loudly). Having recently started testing Meson on Windows when I realised that change had been made, and having to update builds for pgAdmin and the Windows installers, I think it's clear it's far more experimental on that platform than it is on Linux at least.