Re: cannot get Debugger to install on 9.2 on Win7 x-64

От Dave Page
Тема Re: cannot get Debugger to install on 9.2 on Win7 x-64
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
Hi

On Thu, Feb 7, 2013 at 10:38 AM, Tim Romano <tim.romano888@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks for taking time to reply, Dave. I have stopped and restarted the
> service several times, and have opened and closed pgAdmin several times.
> It's definitely a PL/pgsql function. That's all I've been writing.  language
> plpgsql
>
> Does the debugger definitely work on Windows 7  64-bit version?

Yes, that's what I'm testing on. It would be worth upgrading to 9.2.3
to ensure you have all the latest bug fixes though.

> I'm thinking it is a GUI issue.  What does the UI look for when determining
> whether to display the Debugging option on Tools menu or on the treeview
> context menu?

It's looking for a number of things (I'll omit some things that only
apply to Postgres Plus Advanced Server, if anyone is reading along in
the source code):

- You must be a superuser, or the owner of the function
- The function cannot be under the "Catalogs" node, it must be below "Schemas".
- The function language must be pl/pgsql
- The string "plugin_debugger" must appear in the output from "SHOW
shared_preload_libraries"
- The function "pldbg_get_target_info" must be listed in pg_proc
- The function "plpgsql_oid_debug" must be listed in pg_proc

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company