Re: Planet posting policy

От Dave Page
Тема Re: Planet posting policy
Дата
Список pgsql-www
On Thu, Jul 14, 2011 at 2:56 AM, Greg Sabino Mullane <greg@turnstep.com> wrote:

>> I think we need to change the posting policy of planet. It seems
>> entirely too restrictive. Now I don't think we should go reddit with it
>> but we are all people here and we are all part of this community. Should
>> the majority of posts to planet be postgresql related? Of course but
>> seriously, can we have a little fun too? Can we not remember that as
>> people in this community that actually makes the post relevant to
>> postgresql?
>>
>> In short can we stop getting our boxers in a bunch about everything and
>> remember to have some damn fun? For atheists sake, slow down on the
>> caffeine and go to your medical dispensary for some inhaled herbal pain
>> killer.
>
> I'm guessing this is directed at me, so can you show me/us some example
> posts that are against the current policy but you feel should be
> allowed? For the record, I think "posts to planet postgresql must
> be postgresql related" is a pretty darn good rule, and one I'm loath
> to change. What exact change are you proposing anyway? I'm not quite able
> to parse the last sentence in your first paragraph.

I think I can - and it would be an extremely bad policy imho. It would
allow anyone "in the community" to post anything they wanted because
they were "in the community".

On the other hand, I'm sure our marketing people would love that...

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company