Re: [pgadmin-hackers] building with Qt runtime question

От Dave Page
Тема Re: [pgadmin-hackers] building with Qt runtime question
Дата
Список pgadmin-hackers
On Fri, Feb 10, 2017 at 4:42 PM, George Gelashvili
<ggelashvili@pivotal.io> wrote:
> Thanks Dave. That helped us get it building -- it turns out we had set up
> virtualenv under pyenv instead of  under system python. We also had to
> chmod+w on the pg_dump that is supposed to be re-written by
> install_name_tool.
> Now we are just having issues running it. It shows the splash screen and
> then immediately exits with "pgAdmin 4 quit unexpectedly."
> We tried looking at the Report..>Show Details, but it was just a dump of
> thread state. We tried setting qmake CONFIG+=debug, but we're not sure where
> the logs go. We looked in the running directory and in /var/log.
> Any hints from here?

Running in QT Creator often makes it easier to debug - it shows stdout
which is always useful. The usual reason I find for builds exiting
like that is that one of the (very poorly documented) QtWebEngine
components is missing - for example, this little bit of nightmare from
pkg/mac/complete-bundle.sh:

if [ "$lib_bn" = "QtWebEngineCore" ]; then
    # QtWebEngineCore has some required resources
    cp -R $QTDIR/lib/$qtfw_path/Resources $lib_loc/
    cp -R $QTDIR/lib/$qtfw_path/Helpers $lib_loc/
    ln -s Versions/Current/Helpers
"$bundle/Contents/Frameworks/QtWebEngineCore.Framework/Helpers"
fi

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com