Re: pgAdmin 4 commit: Ensure we pick up the messages from the current query

От Dave Page
Тема Re: pgAdmin 4 commit: Ensure we pick up the messages from the current query
Дата
Список pgadmin-hackers
Could you rebase this please? It no longer applies.

Thanks.

On Thu, Mar 1, 2018 at 5:56 AM, Khushboo Vashi <khushboo.vashi@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
Hi Joao,

Thanks for reviewing.

On Wed, Feb 28, 2018 at 8:55 PM, Joao De Almeida Pereira <jdealmeidapereira@pivotal.io> wrote:
Hello Khushboo,
After reviewing the patch I have the gut feeling that we do not have enough test coverage on this issue, specially due to the intricate while loop and conditions around the polling.
I think that this deserve Unit tests around it, When I say Unit Test I am not talking about executing queries against the database, but do some stubbing of the database so that we can control the flow that we want.
You are right. It needs more unit testing. I have checked below scenarios:
1. Returns 2 notices with data output
2. Returns 1000 notices with data output
3. No notices with data output

By running above, I have checked, each time returned notices are accurate, no old notices are getting appended, it does not affect with the amount of messages (few, none or more).  Also, with the updated patch, I have made sure that all these queries run with the single transaction id (same connection).

So, please let me know if you think I can add more things to this.

It is a temptation to try to always do a Feature Test to test what we want because it is "easier" to write and ultimately it is what users see, but while 1 Feature Test runs we can run 200 Unit Tests that give us much more confidence that the code is doing what we expect it to do.

Right, so added regression tests instead of feature tests.

This being said, I run the tests on the CI Pipeline and all tests pass. Running pycodestyle fails due to some line sizes on the psycopg2/__init__py. I believe that it is not what you changed, but since you were changing the file it can be fixed it is just:

pgadmin/utils/driver/psycopg2/__init__.py:1276: [E501] line too long (81 > 79 characters)
pgadmin/utils/driver/psycopg2/__init__.py:1277: [E501] line too long (91 > 79 characters)
pgadmin/utils/driver/psycopg2/__init__.py:1282: [E501] line too long (81 > 79 characters)
pgadmin/utils/driver/psycopg2/__init__.py:1283: [E501] line too long (91 > 79 characters)
4       E501 line too long (81 > 79 characters)

Fixed. Thanks for pointing out.

Thanks
Joao