Browser fixes

От Dave Page
Тема Browser fixes
Дата
Список pgadmin-hackers
[CCing to -support as people there have been waiting for some of these fixes]

The attached patch (against master) cleans up a number of issues in
the browser code:

- It fixes the collapsing tree issue by reverting patch 1 which
attempted to fix a bug caused by patch 2. The bug in patch 2 has been
fixed by partially reverting some code that attempted (badly) to
re-display objects in the treeview after they had been moved to
another schema.

- Removes the few "Apply" buttons we had, and all the supporting code
for consistency with other dialogues and to dissuade users from
editing function code etc. in the dialogues (as we already try to do
with a Guru Hint).

- The removal of the "Apply" buttons means that patch 3 is no longer
required, and has been reverted to simplify the code.

- The removal of the "Apply" buttons also obsoletes another bug that
caused a crash if renaming an object and then using the Apply button.
Dinesh had been working on a patch for this issue which was > 20KB and
made the browser code even more complex than it is now.

Patch 1: http://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=pgadmin3.git;a=commit;h=e97d351dcbc42a38f0054a81f37727d511087ffa

Patch 2: http://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=pgadmin3.git;a=commit;h=3e05c4d832e5658419094c34ce0ee6959bc1d85a

Patch 3: http://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=pgadmin3.git;a=commit;h=cb5dba55dc491107e4152bd80ec496294e449934

Comments please? I'm planning on applying to master and REL-1_16.

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company