Re: Weird behavior editing entities

От Dave Page
Тема Re: Weird behavior editing entities
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
On Fri, Feb 8, 2013 at 1:23 AM, Bastiaan Olij <bastiaan@basenlily.me> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Sorry if this has come up before but one of the more irritating features
> of pgAdmin for me has been this little bit of behavior (on Mac OS X):
>
> 1) Select a database
> 2) right click select properties...
> 3) click in the name field
> 4) use forward delete to delete the next character
>
> I get a nice prompt to drop my database. Same applies to editing tables
> and other things. It seems the forward delete button is somehow going
> back to the treelist which still has focus on the main window open in
> the background.

Unfortunately this seems to be a side effect of the way that wxWidgets
works. I can reproduce the issue trivially in the "dialog" wxWidgets
sample by adding a text box to the modeless dialogue and then adding a
"Del" shortcut to a menu option on the main window. I'm not sure how
we could fix this, except by either:

- Making the dialogues modal - which would mean only one could be
opened at once, and must be closed before anything else can be done

- Changing the shortcut for drop object.

Obviously the first option isn't acceptable. The second isn't
particularly nice either, but is not the end of the world.

Thoughts folks?

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com