Remove dialogue "Apply" buttons?

От Dave Page
Тема Remove dialogue "Apply" buttons?
Дата
Список pgadmin-hackers
The Function, Trigger and View dialogues (and the Package dialogue for
Postgres Plus Advanced Server users) are the only properties dialogues
in pgAdmin which have Apply buttons.

They have these because those dialogues can be used to write code of
some description (though, for triggers that is again only on PPAS,
which supports triggers with in-line SPL code).

The Function and View dialogues also have Guru Hints that are shown
when you use them to actively discourage users from editing code in
that way, and to use the Query Tool instead.

We've recently discovered some bugs related to use of the Apply
buttons, one of which has already been fixed with a complex patch, and
one of which is still being worked on, but is already a non-trivial
amount of code change.

As we have so few of these buttons and they're there primarily to
support a working practice that we discourage anyway, I'd like to
simply remove them so we can avoid the fragile and messy code changes
needed to make them work reliably.

I propose to do this both for 1.18.x *and* 1.16.2+

Comments/objections please?

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com