Re: Add CREATE EXTENSION Support

От Dave Page
Тема Re: Add CREATE EXTENSION Support
Дата
Список pgadmin-hackers
On Tue, Feb 11, 2014 at 6:50 PM, David E. Wheeler <david@justatheory.com> wrote:
> On Feb 11, 2014, at 9:16 AM, Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org> wrote:
>
>> I actually removed the .0 because there aren't supposed to be any
>> schema changes in a point release (in fact, there aren't even supposed
>> to be in anything but a major release). I thought I removed it from
>> the filename as well, but clearly missed that in the end.
>
> I don't understand. I would think that versions should always be consistently formatted.

Much as PostgreSQL only changes catalogs and on disk format in major
releases, pgAgent only changes its schema in X releases (in the X.Y.Z
numbering scheme). My point is that there is no need to have upgrade
scripts from 3.3.0 - 3.4.0 or even 3.3 - 3.4 because there will never
be any such changes, and using that numbering is likely to confuse
users because the existence of a 3.4.0 script implies that there also
should be one for 3.4.1 or 3.5.0 in the future, when in actual fact,
there will only be one needed for 4(.x.x).

Therefore, I believe the correct option is actually to have
"pgagent--unpackaged--3.sql" and later "pgagent--3--4.sql" for
upgrades.

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com