Re: possible bug

От Dave Page
Тема Re: possible bug
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
Hi

On Mon, Oct 24, 2016 at 10:52 PM,  <joel.traf@magwerks.com> wrote:
> Hello Mailing List
>
> Think I found a bug in the new pgAdmin 4 running windows 7 64bit, trying to
> edit stored procedures/functions in python 3 (also tested on plpgsql
> functions same result)
>
> Order of operations
>
> find a function that has input parameters
> right click the selected object select Properties
> go to definition modify it by adding anything like a comment
> Go to the SQL Tab the sql is incorrect missing the input parameters
> myfunction (parameter1 text, parameter2 integer) becomes myfunction().
> (output parameters seem to be working tested it on functions that returns
> record/table)
> Click Ok/Save a new function is created missing the input parameters

I cannot reproduce this issue in the soon-to-be-GA 1.1 code.

> Also discovered the preview SQL plain has some incorrect data written into
> see attached picture. The preview plain dropped off the double quotes "
> around a username that requires it. This is highlighted in yellow in the
> picture

This I can however - I've logged it here:
https://redmine.postgresql.org/issues/1899

> Another questions, is PGadmin 4 no longer being distributed with
> pgdump/pgrestore tools or was it an oversight when building the install
> packages as i can not find any ???

No, at present we're not for a couple of reasons - it significantly
complicates the build process, and we can really only ship one
version, not the many versions that may be required for all the
supported database servers we support. There is discussion ongoing
about this however - see https://redmine.postgresql.org/issues/1848 if
you'd like to add your thoughts.

--
Dave Page