Re: Featured users page

От Dave Page
Тема Re: Featured users page
Дата
Список pgsql-www
On Tue, Sep 11, 2012 at 2:46 AM, Simon Riggs <simon@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> On 11 September 2012 03:06, Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org> wrote:
>
>> I'd be fine with it being on the wiki.
>
> My take is its there now, its not useless, so why touch it.

I don't really see any use in it - it is out of date, and is
unmaintained, and there is significant overlap with other parts of the
site (case studies, software catalog, professional services/hosting
etc). We get semi-regular requests to have random companies we've
never heard of added to it, and invariably end up telling them no, and
having to explain why.

> Web site or Wiki makes little difference, as long as its accessible
> from main points on website. Hidden in the Wiki won't help.

It'll help in that others can easily edit it. When it's on the main
website it's much harder as people need to patch files in the website
framework, then get them applied.

> Yes, it could be updated. Yes, I'm sure I can be of assistance in updating it.

Thanks.

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com