Re: Suggestion: Use "Menlo" rather than "Monaco" as default font

От Dave Page
Тема Re: Suggestion: Use "Menlo" rather than "Monaco" as default font
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
On Sun, Apr 8, 2012 at 3:45 AM, Guillaume Lelarge
<guillaume@lelarge.info> wrote:
> On Sat, 2012-04-07 at 18:53 -0700, Basil Bourque wrote:
>> In pgAdmin 1.14.2 bundled with Postgres 9.1.3 on Mac OS X as installed by the EnterpriseDB installers…
>>
>> Preferences > Query Tool > Font
>> is set to “Monaco” font.
>>
>> While Monaco is one of the original fonts shipped with every Mac ever made, in recent years Apple has bundled a much
improvedmonospaced sans-serif font named “Menlo”. Menlo is found on Macs running Snow Leopard and Lion (Mac OS X 10.6 &
10.7).Menlo is much easier to read on-screen.

>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Menlo_(typeface)
>>
>> Please considering setting “Menlo” as the preferred default font when found on a user’s Mac.
>>

> I'll let Dave answer this one. I don't use my Mac much, can't say if
> it's really interesting.

We don't specify the default font. It comes from OS X/wxWidgets. I
suspect it may change with wxWidgets 2.9 which will build against
Cocoa instead of Carbon.

> One thought though: we can set a different default font for Mac users.
> I'm not sure we can do this for Mac users having Snow Leopard and later
> versions of Mac OS X.

Shouldn't be too hard.

--
Dave Page