Re: BUG #6501: postgresql-9.1.3-1-linux.run does not install on 64bit system

От Dave Page
Тема Re: BUG #6501: postgresql-9.1.3-1-linux.run does not install on 64bit system
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On Thursday, March 1, 2012, wrote:

> Bug reference:      6501
> Logged by:          Thomas Pasch
> Email address:      thomas.pasch@nuclos.de <javascript:;>
> PostgreSQL version: 9.1.3
> Operating system:   Linux 64 (Ubuntu 11.10/oneiric)
>
> When I try to install postgresql-9.1.3-1-linux.run on a 64bit Linux, the
> installer shows an error alert box and refuses to proceed.
>
> This is strange because there are very few linux 64bit system that are not
> able to run 32bit applications (and Ubuntu is even multiarch).
>
> It would be ok if the installer issues a warning - but refusing the install
> outright feels strange...

This is intentional - amongst other things, it would double the number of
platforms on which we'd have to QA the 32 bit PG and addon installers -
it's far from a trivial amount of work as it is.

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

От: thomas.pasch@nuclos.de
Сообщение: BUG #6501: postgresql-9.1.3-1-linux.run does not install on 64bit system
От: Martin Pitt
Сообщение: Re: BUG #6501: postgresql-9.1.3-1-linux.run does not install on 64bit system