Re: Minimising windows installer password confusion

От Dave Page
Тема Re: Minimising windows installer password confusion
Дата
Re: Minimising windows installer password confusion  (Craig Ringer <craig@postnewspapers.com.au>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Jun 14, 2012 at 11:43 AM, Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org> wrote:

> I'll have a play with it and see if a simple switch to NetworkService
> seems feasible.

OK, I worked up a patch which uses "NT AUTHORITY\NetworkService" as
the service account by default. This doesn't need a password, so
allows us to simply prompt during installation for the superuser
password for the cluster, and not at all during upgrade. If you run
the installer from the command line with "--serviceaccount postgres"
(or some other account name), you get the current behaviour.

I've posted it on our internal ReviewBoard system for the rest of the
team to review and test on various platforms (I've only tried it on XP
so far). Now would be a very good time for people to yelp if they
think this is a bad idea (the only downside I can see if accessing
files for server-side copy etc, but users that want to do that can
install with a non-default account). If we go ahead, we'll include it
in 9.2.

Thanks for the feedback folks.

--
Dave Page