Re: Add CREATE EXTENSION Support

От Dave Page
Тема Re: Add CREATE EXTENSION Support
Дата
Список pgadmin-hackers
On Wed, Feb 12, 2014 at 5:20 PM, David E. Wheeler <david@justatheory.com> wrote:
> On Feb 12, 2014, at 2:21 AM, Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org> wrote:
>
>> Much as PostgreSQL only changes catalogs and on disk format in major
>> releases, pgAgent only changes its schema in X releases (in the X.Y.Z
>> numbering scheme). My point is that there is no need to have upgrade
>> scripts from 3.3.0 - 3.4.0 or even 3.3 - 3.4 because there will never
>> be any such changes, and using that numbering is likely to confuse
>> users because the existence of a 3.4.0 script implies that there also
>> should be one for 3.4.1 or 3.5.0 in the future, when in actual fact,
>> there will only be one needed for 4(.x.x).
>>
>> Therefore, I believe the correct option is actually to have
>> "pgagent--unpackaged--3.sql" and later "pgagent--3--4.sql" for
>> upgrades.
>
> Yeah, but if the version is 3.4.0, and that's what's in pgagent.spec, then Postgres will never find the upgrade
scriptif it’s not named "pgagent--unpackaged--3.4.0.sql". The name in the file must be the same as in the spec file.

That's what I didn't look into yet - and really just implies that the
spec (by which I assume you mean the control file) should only have
"3" as the version number doesn't it?

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

От: Guillaume Lelarge
Сообщение: pgAdmin III commit: Give more options with the plain format
От: Dave Page
Сообщение: pgAdmin III commit: Allow more flexible selection/deselection of rows a