Re: pgAdmin 4 does not run "add column" script in the Query Tool

От Dave Page
Тема Re: pgAdmin 4 does not run "add column" script in the Query Tool
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
Hi

On Mon, Oct 17, 2016 at 3:28 PM, Adam Benson
<adam.benson@vacancyfiller.co.uk> wrote:
> Running pgAdmin 4 V 1.0 against PostGres 9.6.0
>
> OS: Windows 7 Pro x64
>

> How to reproduce:
>

> Start up pgAdmin4
>
> Connect to your local server.
>
> Right-click on "Databases" and select "Create \ Database ..."
>
> The "Create - Database" dialog comes up.
>
> Enter "Test" as the database name and hit Save.
>
> The database is created.
>

> Navigate to "Test\Schemas\public\Tables"
>
> Right-click on "Tables" and select "Create\Table"
>
> The "Create - Table" dialog comes up.
>
> Enter "TestTable" as the table name and hit Save.
>
> The table is created.
>

> Right-click on database "Test" and select "Query Tool"
>
> In the query window enter:
>

>    ALTER TABLE "TestTable"
>
>    ADD COLUMN "A" text;
>

> Hit F5.
>
> The "Messages" section contains:
>

>   ALTER TABLE
>

>   Query returned successfully in 145 msec.
>

> Right-click on "Test\Schemas\public\Tables\TestTable\Columns" and select
> "Refresh"
>
> Column "A" has not been added.
>

> If you restart pgAdmin the column is still not there.

I can't reproduce this one either - in fact, I don't even need to hit
Refresh on the Columns node as it hasn't been populated at that point;
it immediately picks up the new node when opened.

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company