Re: feature request

От Dave Page
Тема Re: feature request
Дата
Re: feature request
Список pgadmin-support
On Tue, Aug 30, 2011 at 11:56 AM, Tim Uckun <timuckun@gmail.com> wrote:
> The drop down boxes in pgadmin don't have autocomplete and don't jump
> to the items that start with the character you type.  Most of them
> have a very long list of items in seemingly random order (function
> return types for example) so an autocomplete would make this a lot
> easier to use.

They do, if you use Windows or Mac. The controls suck on GTK though,
and don't offer all the events that wxWidgets needs to do the same job
on Linux/Solaris.

> Also while I am at it.  IMHO...
>

> pgadmin should automatically save all the queries you are working on
> when you quit. There is really no reason to prompt the user as saving
> the queries doesn't take up much space.

No, because users often don't want to overwrite a query that they have
previously saved (I often use a standard query I have saved and tweak
it for a one-off use for example).

> In fact I would say pgadmin
> should keep every query that successfully ran maybe in an internal
> database of some sort.

It does. Use the combo box above the SQL pane.

> pgadmin should have a tabbed interface for queries instead of having
> every query in a different window.

No, because you would end up with less screen space as we already have
multiple tabsets within the query window, and you wouldn't be able to
use query windows on multiple monitors.

> pgadmin should allow me to select a schema so I don't have to set
> search path or schema before every query (or specify the schema name
> in the query).

Why? That just seems like a waste of screen space to me.

> where do I define tab size for indents?

File -> Preferences/Options -> Query Tool

> If I run multiple queries I should be able to see all the results for
> all the queries instead of just the last one. This is especially
> important if the last statement is "rollback" or "commit".

libpq doesn't support multiple resultsets in a single query unfortunately.

> ability to save results as CSV or better yet being able to put the
> results into the clipboard.

You can do both already. Use File -> Export, or select a block of
cells and copy.

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com