Re: mac os x 10.8 pgadmin3 can't use backup / restore

От Dave Page
Тема Re: mac os x 10.8 pgadmin3 can't use backup / restore
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
On Sat, Feb 23, 2013 at 9:51 AM, aloysius <aloysius.chang@gmail.com> wrote:
> Dave Page-7 wrote
>> On Sat, Feb 23, 2013 at 6:16 AM, aloysius <
>
>> aloysius.chang@
>
>> > wrote:
>>> Raymond O'Donnell wrote

>>>         thank your replay, pgadmin3 at mac os x, is already include the
>>> pg_dump and pg_restore binary(can see the screen cut),
>>>         so I don't know why the button is deactivate .
>>
>> What version of Postgres and pgAdmin are you using? The binaries in
>> pgAdmin need to match the server version you're using - if you have
>> pgAdmin 1.16.x, then the binaries are from PostgreSQL 9.2.
>>
>> If you need to use a different version, you can use the options Ray
>> mentions to point pgAdmin at alternate binaries.
>
> hello david
>
> thank your reply.
>
> Actually I use the PostgresqlAdvanceServer 9.2, install in my server.
> My client is osx, install pgadmin3 1.16.1 only.

Oh, in that case you're out of luck I'm afraid. pgAdmin knows that it
needs binaries from PPAS in order to backup/restore a PPAS database,
and as we (EnterpriseDB) don't currently support PPAS on Mac, there's
no way to get those binaries. You can do it if you run the client on
Windows, Mac, Solaris or HPUX though.

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com