Re: BUG #7851: Installer crash with message: An error occured executing the Microsoft VC++ runtimeinstaller

От Dave Page
Тема Re: BUG #7851: Installer crash with message: An error occured executing the Microsoft VC++ runtimeinstaller
Дата
Re: BUG #7851: Installer crash with message: An error occured executing the Microsoft VC++ runtimeinstaller  (Ivano Luberti <luberti@archicoop.it>)
Список pgsql-bugs
On Tue, Feb 5, 2013 at 10:45 AM,  <luberti@archicoop.it> wrote:

> Bug reference:      7851
> Logged by:          ivano luberti
> Email address:      luberti@archicoop.it
> PostgreSQL version: 8.4.15
> Operating system:   Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bits
>
> I know this is probalby a duplicate of bug BUG #7526 but I don't know how to
> update it with new information so I submit a new one.
> The same error message raised with 8.3.22 and 9.2.2.
> But I was then able to install 8.3.22 using the pginstaller found at
>
> http://www.postgresql.org/ftp/binary/v8.3.22/win32/
>

> Ok this the new piece of information. Unfortunately pginstaller is available
> only for 8.3.x. So I'm stuck since I need 8.4.x

If this is a new installation, you should really use 9.2. 8.4 will go
out of support in about a year.

> Executing cscript //NoLogo
> "C:\Users\luberti\AppData\Local\Temp\postgresql_installer\installruntimes.vbs"
> "C:\Users\luberti\AppData\Local\Temp\postgresql_installer\vcredist_x86.exe"
> Script exit code: 1
>
> Script output:
>  Errore CScript: Impossibile trovare l'interprete di script "VBScript" per
> lo script
> "C:\Users\luberti\AppData\Local\Temp\postgresql_installer\installruntimes.vbs".
>
> Script stderr:
>  Program ended with an error exit code
>
> An error occured executing the Microsoft VC++ runtime installer.

You're suffering from the problem described here:

http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Running_%26_Installing_PostgreSQL_On_Native_Windows#The_installer_exits_with_a_runtime_installation_error.3F.
The error comes usually because either the script interpretor isn't
registered or the TEMP dir is unwriteable (both of which you said
you've checked), or sometimes because the .vbs file extension is
registered incorrectly. You can check how the filetype is registered
like this:

C:\>assoc .vbs
.vbs=VBSFile

C:\>ftype VBSFile
VBSFile=%SystemRoot%\System32\WScript.exe "%1" %*

(it should look like that)

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Сообщение: Re: BUG #7850: left outer join is not working or I didn't contruct the query properly
Сообщение: Re: BUG #7850: left outer join is not working or I didn't contruct the query properly