Re: App Icons

От Dave Page
Тема Re: App Icons
Дата
Список pgadmin-hackers
Hi

On Tue, Dec 16, 2014 at 11:53 AM, Marek Černocký <marek@manet.cz> wrote:
http://standards.freedesktop.org/icon-theme-spec/icon-theme-spec-latest.html
http://standards.freedesktop.org/desktop-entry-spec/latest/ar01s05.html

Essentials:

- Install icons to
/BUILD_ROOT/DATA_DIR/icons/hicolor/SIZE_SPEC/apps/pgadmin3.PNG|SVG
(same parts of path may be distribution specific)

- Use "Icon=pgamdmin3" in pgadmin3.desktop - desktop shell, e.g. GNOME,
KDE..., select itself suitable icon version from paths mentioned above.

OK.

Currently only one icon version is installed and used (mostly old icon
pgadmin3.xpm). See pkg/debian/pgadmin3.install,
pkg/suse/pgadmin3.spec.in... Some distributions added other own icons
outside official source code. It would nice prepare unified resources
for all Linux and *nix distributions. It includes some other changes, I
will post them separately.

As far as I know, none of the the packages in /pkg are used by any distributions except for Windows and Mac. I believe all the Linux platforms have their own spec files (or equivalent) - all the ones we have are extremely outdated and probably should be removed. I'd really like to hear from Linux packagers before we do that though.

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company