Re: [pgAdmin] - RM-3936 -Feature tests patch

От Dave Page
Тема Re: [pgAdmin] - RM-3936 -Feature tests patch
Дата
Re: [pgAdmin] - RM-3936 -Feature tests patch  (Usman Muzaffar <usman.muzaffar@enterprisedb.com>)
Список pgadmin-hackers
Hi

Awesome job (and they're much faster now!) - patch committed (but there's still work to do :-( ). Here are my thoughts:

- The first time I ran the tests, a couple failed. This was because the external process output dialogue was too big for the screen (when I ran on a large screen and maximised the browser instance, the tests all passed). We may need to change the default size/position of the output dialogue, and perhaps maximise the browser window at launch (though I think the tests *must* run on a minimum screen size of 1024x768).

- The process notifier dialogues should be explicitly closed at the end of each test. I ended up with a screen full of them after all the tests had run.

- I saw one error (probably caused by a failing test) which complained that test_role already existed. That name should probably be randomised.

- The test output is really messy. I'd like to have some standard functions for printing the output so it looks more like:

runTest (pgadmin.feature_tests.pg_utilities_maintenance_test.PGUtilitiesMaintenanceFeatureTest)
    * Test for PG maintenance: table... PASS
runTest (pgadmin.feature_tests.pg_utilities_maintenance_test.PGUtilitiesMaintenanceFeatureTest)
    * Test for XSS in maintenance dialog... PASS
runTest (pgadmin.feature_tests.query_tool_auto_complete_tests.QueryToolAutoCompleteFeatureTest)
    Query tool auto complete feature tests ...
    * Auto complete ALTER keyword... PASS
    * Auto complete BEGIN keyword... FAIL
    * Auto complete CASCADED keyword... PASS

The runTest messages are all consistent anyway, and iirc, they all come from the test framework. So maybe we need something like:

print_test_note(note="Query tool auto complete feature test")
    print("    %s" % note)

print_subtest_name(name="Auto complete CASCADED keyword")
    print("    %s... " % name, end='')

print_subtest_result(status)
    print("PASS" if status else "FAIL")

It may seem trivial, but having neat, consistent output will make the test results much easier for us to read.

Thanks!