Re: Windows installation requires admin rights

От Dave Page
Тема Re: Windows installation requires admin rights
Дата
Re: Windows installation requires admin rights  (Fahar Abbas <fahar.abbas@enterprisedb.com>)
Список pgadmin-support
Hi

On Fri, May 21, 2021 at 9:25 PM Antoine Aumjaud <antoine_dev@aumjaud.fr> wrote:

Hi,

The actual configuration of Inno Setup for the installation of pgAdmin4 requires admin privileges on the computer :

https://github.com/postgres/pgadmin4/blob/master/pkg/win32/installer.iss.in#L31

                                PrivilegesRequired=admin

I have read the whole configuration, and I think that this constrain could be remove if HKCU (HKEY_CURENT_USER of Windows registry) is used instead of HKLM (HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE).

The pgAdmin package provided by entreprisedb can be installed without admin rights, but it is an old version of pgAdmin.

Do you think that this modification is possible?

I think it's a little more complex than that, but here's a patch that I think does everything required. The only part I'm not sure about is the VC++ runtime installation, and ensuring that will work for non-admins. Fahar; can you test that on a *completely* clean installation of Windows please? You must run the "install only for me" option before anything else (don't even install VMware tools).

There's a test build at https://developer.pgadmin.org/~dpage/non-admin-install/pgadmin4-5.3-x64.exe. Note that it is not signed, so you will get a warning, but that can be ignored for the purposes of this test.

--
Вложения