Re: [pgadmin-support] PgAdmin4 crashing on Windows 10

От Dave Page
Тема Re: [pgadmin-support] PgAdmin4 crashing on Windows 10
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
On Thu, Jan 5, 2017 at 12:03 AM, Shira Bezalel <shira@sfei.org> wrote:

> On Fri, Dec 23, 2016 at 2:31 PM, Shira Bezalel <shira@sfei.org> wrote:
>>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I installed the PgAdmin4 Version1.1 client yesterday on my Windows 10
>> machine. It is connecting to a single 9.6.1 Postgres server on a remote
>> machine. In the last 24 hours, the client has shutdown unexpectedly three
>> times with the message 'PgAdmin
>> stopped working'. The latter two times, I wasn't actually using the tool
>> -- it was just running, while I was doing other things. It sounds like the
>> problem in this thread, but Nigel reported it was fixed after installing
>> 1.1:
>>

>> http://postgresql.nabble.com/PgAdmin-4-not-working-in-Windows-10-td5924099.html
>>
>> Is there anything you recommend I could do to troubleshoot this issue? I
>> looked in the log file, but didn't see anything hugely revealing. Happy to
>> provide any other information you may suggest.
>>
>> Thank you,
>> Shira
>>
>> --
>> Shira Bezalel
>> San Francisco Estuary Institute
>> www.sfei.org
>>

> Hi. The pgAdmin 4 crashes I wrote about last week are continuing to happen.
> There were about about 8 crashes today. I'm not noticing a particular
> consistency as to what precipitates the crash. I might be writing in the
> Query Tool, I might be reviewing the SQL tab of a table, or I might be doing
> nothing at all with pgAdmin 4. It's crashed under all these circumstances
> and more. If it helps, I am not doing anything in pgAdmin 4 to maintain the
> server, like backups or restores. I'm simply using it to write SQL and
> review existing database functions, tables and views.
>
> Does anyone have any suggestions for troubleshooting? Is there any other
> info I can provide that could shed light on the issue?
>
> From my About pgAdmin 4:
>
> Version
> 1.1
> Copyright
> Copyright 2013 - 2016, The pgAdmin Development Team
> Python Version
> 2
> .7.12 (v2.7.12:d33e0cf91556, Jun 27 2016, 15:19:22) [MSC v.1500 32 bit
> (Intel)]
> Flask Version
> 0.11.1
> Application Mode
> Desktop
> Current User
> pgadmin4@pgadmin.org
>

> Just before the crash in the pgAdmin 4 log file there is this, but not sure
> it offers any useful info:
>
> SELECT
>    (SELECT sum(blks_read) FROM pg_stat_database WHERE datname = (SELECT
> datname FROM pg_database WHERE oid = 3560733)) AS "Reads",
>    (SELECT sum(blks_hit) FROM pg_stat_database WHERE datname = (SELECT
> datname FROM pg_database WHERE oid = 3560733)) AS "Hits"
> 2017-01-04 15:40:44,819: INFO werkzeug: 127.0.0.1 - - [04/Jan/2017 15:40:44]
> [...]

Please try the test build at https://developer.pgadmin.org/~dpage/.
It's not entirely up to date with GIT, but includes a number of fixes
that may be relevant here.

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

От: Shira Bezalel
Сообщение: Re: [pgadmin-support] PgAdmin4 crashing on Windows 10