Re: PATCH: Enable backwards search in SQL Box

От Dave Page
Тема Re: PATCH: Enable backwards search in SQL Box
Дата
Список pgadmin-hackers
On Sat, Mar 8, 2014 at 5:15 PM, J.F. Oster <jinfroster@mail.ru> wrote:
> Hello Dave,
>
> Wednesday, February 26, 2014, 12:56:51 AM, you wrote:
>
> DP> Shift-F3 should always do the opposite of what the radio
> DP> buttons are set to. So, by default with the Forward radio button
> DP> selected, Shift-F3 will search backwards, whilst if the Backwards
> DP> radio button is selected, Shift-F3 should search forwards.
>
> You are right. For example, SciTE does the same.
>
> According to the above implemented it in a simplier way.
> Please see the patch.

Thanks. Akshay, can you take another look please?

> By the way, I was puzzled why search dialog's settings are saved
> sometimes and sometimes are not. Depending on dialog's close method:
> 1. Pressing ESC or "Close" form button calls OnCancel() which does not
> save;
> 2. Pressing title [x] button or Alt-F4 (or similar OS hotkey) calls
> OnClose() which does save.
>
> Shouldn't the behaviour be the same regardless of dialog's close
> method? Or at least the difference should be noted in documentation.

Yes, it should. Patches welcome :-)

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

От: Dave Page
Сообщение: Re: [pgadmin-support] Search feature request
От: Akshay Joshi
Сообщение: Re: PATCH: Enable backwards search in SQL Box