Re: Patch: New field in frmMain statusbar

От Dave Page
Тема Re: Patch: New field in frmMain statusbar
Дата
Список pgadmin-hackers
On Tue, Sep 15, 2015 at 12:14 PM, Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net> wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 15, 2015 at 10:55 AM, Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org> wrote:
>>
>> On Mon, Sep 14, 2015 at 5:11 PM, Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net>
>> wrote:
>> > The part that changed is just the one that added db1 and db2, right?
>>
>> It's the server display name *and* the database name, so to give a
>> (redacted) example from my machine, I would have:
>>
>> aws-ap-southeast-1b.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.com (aws-ap-southeast-1b.
>> xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.com:5432):postgres
>>
>> Which as you can see is quite long.
>

> I thought the point of display names was to have them nice and short :) I've
> certainly never used displaynames that are that long.

I generally use the full hostnames (as I have machines in multiple
domains) - and in the places that you currently see them, that length
is actually fine.

> Yes, I totally see with names like that it becomes annoying, and certainly
> not easy to parse. Perhaps what we really shoul dhave is just displayname +
> databasename, and exclude the actual hostname?

That would be an improvement, certainly.

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Сообщение: Re: Patch: New field in frmMain statusbar
Сообщение: Re: Patch: New field in frmMain statusbar