Re: [pgAdmin4][Patch]: Feature #2506 - Allow the dashboard panel tobe closed

От Dave Page
Тема Re: [pgAdmin4][Patch]: Feature #2506 - Allow the dashboard panel tobe closed
Дата
Список pgadmin-hackers
Thanks - seems to work for me :-). Patch applied.

On Thu, Jun 29, 2017 at 1:35 PM, Khushboo Vashi <khushboo.vashi@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
Hi,

Please find the attached updated patch.

Thanks,
Khushboo

On Wed, Jun 28, 2017 at 7:08 PM, Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org> wrote:
Hi

On Tue, Jun 27, 2017 at 11:54 PM, Khushboo Vashi <khushboo.vashi@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
Hi Dave,

On Tue, Jun 27, 2017 at 8:08 PM, Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org> wrote:
Hi

I've had to revert this. Whilst it seems to work, after showing/hiding the dashboard, I later find that when I completely reload the app, it fails, leaving just the object menu present. I haven't come up with a concrete case to reproduce it. In the console, I see:

wcDocker.min.js:38
Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property '__save' of null at e.save (wcDocker.min.js:38) at Object.save_current_layout (browser.js:340) at e.handleVisibility (panel.js:156) at e.__trigger (wcDocker.min.js:34) at e.trigger (wcDocker.min.js:38) at e.clear (wcDocker.min.js:38) at Object.init (browser.js:386) at (index):278 at Object.execCb (require.min.js:29) at Z.check (require.min.js:18)

I couldn't reproduce this issue. I have tried many things to reproduce it but not succeeded. I also switched server_mode but no luck.
I think there should be any specific condition that fails this but have no clue.

I have rebased this patch and attached.

Thanks. I applied the patch, restarted my server, and did a hard-reload in my browser and immediately saw the problem - see the attached screenshot.
Fixed

Clearing the saved browser layout from the config DB solved the problem for me (once I refreshed the browser), so something is likely getting messed up in there. I've attached the value that was previously saved as inserting that into a test database will likely be easier than trying to reproduce the issue.

Thanks!

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com