Re: pgAdmin4 on Kubuntu Hirsute

От Dave Page
Тема Re: pgAdmin4 on Kubuntu Hirsute
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
Hi

On Tue, May 4, 2021 at 6:34 AM Aditya Toshniwal <aditya.toshniwal@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
Hi Ray,

A working solution would be to recreate the symlink to match your python. Use the below command -

sudo rm /usr/pgadmin4/venv/bin/python3 && sudo ln -s /usr/bin/python3.9 /usr/pgadmin4/venv/bin/python3

There's a pretty good chance that won't work; any of the python modules in the venv that use cpython will be linked against Python 3.8.

Ray, we do have snapshot builds for Hirsute - you would probably be best using them until 5.3 is released: https://www.postgresql.org/ftp/pgadmin/pgadmin4/snapshots/2021-05-04/apt/

Note that the snapshots go into a distinct repo every day, so if you want to update, you'll need to update the repo config (and then switch it back to the production repo once 5.3 is out).

On Tue, May 4, 2021 at 2:12 AM Ray O'Donnell <ray@rodonnell.ie> wrote:
On 03/05/2021 07:17, Akshay Joshi wrote:
> I would suggest activating the virtual environment  "source
> /usr/pgadmin4/venv/bin/activate" and then try to run
> "/usr/pgadmin4/venv/bin/python3 -s /usr/pgadmin4/web/pgAdmin4.py" and
> check whether it works or the same error.

Hello Akshay,

Thanks for responding. I tried that.... the "activate" command worked,
and the command prompt now had "(venv)" in front of it. However, the
second command failed with:

/usr/pgadmin4/venv/bin/python3: No such file or directory

When I look into that directory, /usr/pgadmin4/venv/bin/python3 is
symlinked to /usr/bin/python3.8. However, on my system I see instead
/usr/bin/python3.9. Just for fun, I tried running:

/usr/bin/python3.9 -s /usr/pgadmin4/web/pgAdmin4.py

However, it failed with:

Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "/usr/pgadmin4/web/pgAdmin4.py", line 16, in <module>
     from cheroot.wsgi import Server as CherootServer
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'cheroot'

As I said in my first email, I appreciate that my Kubuntu version is
ahead of the supported ones; so I'm happy enough to wait until a pgAdmin
version which works on my computer is released - at the rate at which
you guys work, I'm sure that won't be long! In the meantime, I still
have psql. :-)

Thanks,

Ray.

--
Raymond O'Donnell // Galway // Ireland
ray@rodonnell.ie

--
Thanks,
Aditya Toshniwal

Сообщение: Re: pgAdmin4 on Kubuntu Hirsute
Сообщение: Re: pgAdmin4 on Kubuntu Hirsute