Re: [pgadmin-hackers][patch] History Detail Pane

От Dave Page
Тема Re: [pgadmin-hackers][patch] History Detail Pane
Дата
Список pgadmin-hackers

On Mon, Jun 26, 2017 at 10:08 AM, Joao Pedro De Almeida Pereira <jdealmeidapereira@pivotal.io> wrote:
> Hi Surinder,
>
> You can find our answers inline and attached the patch with the change of
> scrolls from "scroll" to "auto"
>
> On Mon, Jun 26, 2017 at 4:47 AM, Surinder Kumar
> <surinder.kumar@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi
>> On Fri, Jun 23, 2017 at 11:39 PM, George Gelashvili
>> <ggelashvili@pivotal.io> wrote:

>>> Could you elaborate why 'auto' is what we want?
>>
>> The scroll bars should appear only when content is beyond the width/height
>> of container. Now with 'scroll', the border layout around container appears
>> irrespective of content width/height. If we set 'auto', it won't appear.
>

> We changed that in the attached patch. The scroll bars will now appear when
> the text exceeds the window.

>>> Does this patch work in supported IEs?
>>
>> I use Windows 7 which has IE9,10, but if we can fix it for IE9,10 we
>> should fix. Majority of people are still using IE9,10.
>

> We based almost 100% of this patch on Flexbox. In order to use another
> structure, we would have to rewrite the html blocks (the majority of the
> UI). If the community believes that is important to keep giving support to
> Browsers that are no longer supported then we can use a library like
> modernizr to try to support all the existing browser. Nevertheless we
> believe that this should be done in a future patch.

Here are the IE stats from www.pgadmin.org:

Browser Version

Sessions

%

11.0

1233

92.85%

8.0

32

2.41%

10.0

29

2.18%

9.0

23

1.73%

7.0

10

0.75%

5.0

1

0.08%

1328

100.00%

I think it's fairly safe to ignore IE <= 10.0

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

От: Dave Page
Сообщение: Re: [pgAdmin4][Patch][RM_2191] : Add support for the hostaddrconnection parameter